Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Neuro/Ortho Clinical Coordinator
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701 United States
Excellent compensation and full benefits, including: health, dental, vision, FSA, pension, and 403 (b) options.
• Serves as a resource to members of the surgery team for clinical issues.
• Delegates responsibility and authority effectively.
• Shares accountability to promote effective teamwork among staff.
• Participates in quality improvement activities. Motivate team members to implement best practice to provide an excellent patient experience.
• Directs/Supports team members to ensure quality of care is based on the department goals to achieve/exceed performance expectations.
• Supports growth in surgery utilization. Demonstrate strong customer service skills. Prepare for and gain the education necessary to assist new surgeons.
• Demonstrates the ability to be a professional role model with increased emphasis in the following areas: positive attitude, communication skills, professional growth, and leadership skills and utilization of the electronic medical record.
• Provides input and/or complete annual performance evaluations as directed by Nurse Manager/Director.
• Shares accountability with the Materials Management Coordinator involving responsible inventory maintenance using LEAN principles. Ensure timely procurement/ordering of supplies.
• Shares accountability in conjunction with the Resource & Technology Coordinator with correct charge capture/documentation.
• Collaborates with Perioperative Materials Management/CS Nurse Manager regarding planning for case flow involving instrumentation and equipment needs. Personal communication with the Perioperative MM/CS Nurse Manager and the CS/OR Liaison is crucial to ensure optimal efficiency.
• Communicates with sales representatives regarding new supplies, equipment and instrumentation.
• Shares accountability (with the Perioperative Educator/Performance Improvement RN) for the surgery team with regard to orienting new staff, teaching, experiential education and expertise.
• Assists with leadership staff, the OR Nurse Manager, Perioperative MM Coordinator and Administrative Director of Perioperative Services with the preparation of the Capital Budget.
• Ensures preference cards are maintained accurately. Coordinate/Communicate updates with staff for the entering of information necessary to prepare for procedures.
• Networks with Pre-op and OR charge nurses to ensure that case flow is maximized.
• Plans ahead daily and weekly for surgery cases. Reviews the schedule for specific cases which may require additional equipment or supplies.
• Reviews the schedule daily and collaborates with OR charge nurse to ensure that appropriate staff is assigned taking into consideration maximum efficiency for surgeons and patient flow.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, training, experience:
• Current licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Missouri.
• A Bachelor of Science Degree is preferred. CNOR preferred.
• 2 years experience as specialty team leader/charge nurse is preferred.
• Completion of orientation requirements of the hospital and Surgical Specialty.
• Be familiar with the skills necessary, and able to discuss and demonstrate for the management of the Perioperative Department.
• BLS required.
Terms & Conditions